Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Kawaguchiko & hakone in 2 days 2007/10/22 00:26
We are plannig 2 days near Mt Fuji area. Has anyone visited lake Kawaguchiko? Is it worth the trip? I thought it was close to Hakone and booked a one night treat at a beautiful traditional ryokan there. I thought to travel from shinjuku/Tokyo to kawaguchiko and on the second day visit the sights in hakone. Only now i realise that if i want to visit hakone, take the boat on lake ashi, ride the cablecar, it is approx a 3-4 hr bus ride from Kawaguchiko. Is it worth the trip or should i cancel my accomodation in Kawaguchiko and do the highly popular Tokyo-hakone return trip and find accommodation near hakone yumoto? I'm leaving in 5 days to Japan...Pls Help me..!!! thanks.
by Zeeva  

Hakone 2007/10/22 15:15
Hi, I've been to Hakone and it will take up the whole day. Travelling between the attractions within Hakone is relatively time consuming, but the sights are definitely worth it.
by Nick rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/10/22 16:49
Thank you nick. I've taken your advise onboard. I've just cancelled my accom in kawaguchiko and are searching for a nice ryokan in hakone. There are so many its hard to choose going just by internet sites.. any recommendations will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks anyway..
by zeeva rate this post as useful

Hakone ryokan 2007/10/23 00:58
Hi Zeeva,
We are also going next month.This one comes highly recommended.
http://www.hoeiso.jp/
by liem rate this post as useful

reply to this thread