Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to enjoy hotspring (with snow) ? 2007/10/22 04:25
Hiz,

I would like to visit or stay at a place with hotspring while the area is snowing. Like the picture here:
www.rossdawsonblog.com

I will be in toyko in early Dec. Would it be possible to do so if i travel to nikko?

Thank you
by Raymond  

.. 2007/10/22 11:57
i am also interested in regards to this subject, if anyone could answer, it'd give me something to do :)
by by the way rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/22 13:20
Typically any onsen in a snowy zone will look something like that picture as long as you can find a rotemburo (outdoor bath). I recommend Takaragawa Onsen in Gunma although it's a little hard to get to. Anywhere north of Gunma will have snow during most of the winter so Nikko should be ok.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/22 18:31
Also, check out Yuzawa in Niigata. It is easily accessible by shinkansen from Tokyo and is the closest place to Tokyo for guaranteed snow. Many of the ski resorts have their own onsen in the snow.

Also check out further discussion on this topic here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+22144
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/22 21:32
Thank you! Any idea if either Nikko or Gunma or Niigata will be snowing on early dec?

Cause i heard it will only be really cold in Jan. (the weather forcast didn't really state)
by Raymond rate this post as useful

Nikko should be good 2007/10/22 22:33
I have been there in late Novemeber early December and we had plenty of the white stuff. Really pretty.
by chris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread