Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Peak times for trains 2007/10/24 12:21
I am travelling to Japan in early Nov with my son and will be moving between cities every few days. I would prefer to catch trains as early as possible in the day but don't want to attempt taking our suitcases on during peak times. Can anyone advise what times would be best?
by Shelley  

peak time travel 2007/10/24 15:18
The long distance shinkansen and Ltd Express trains start around 06.00 h in the morning. Rush hour in the morning is from outside suburb areas to the main railway stations in Tokyo, but you will go in the opposite direction. A 06.30 h shinkansen from Tokyo to ShinOsaka is more heavily booked than a 11.30 h one, so reservation for early trains is advisable. Try to travel light, if you return to same hotel after excursion leave big luggage there and travel with lighter one.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/10/24 16:36
Thanks for the heads up - we will be returning to Tokyo at the end so I'll make sure I avoid peak hour that day!
by Shelley rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 15:30
More basics about rush hours:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2020.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread