Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autum in Rikugien & Koishikawa Korakuen 2007/10/25 15:53
We will be visting these places on the 9 Dec, would like to know are we able to see the autum colour on this date.
by mimi  

Foliage 2007/10/27 15:19
I expect you are likely to be able to see the autumn color in the gardens on that date judging from the average foliage season in Tokyo (from late Nov to early Dec), however, i heard the forecast that this year the coloring may be quite delayed due to the extended hot wether, so i'm not sure.
by mica rate this post as useful

I want to see autumn colors too 2007/10/27 16:31
Hi mica,
I'm going to Japan on 16 Dec. Was losing hope to be able see autumn colors, but what you just said gave me some hope again that I still might see it. =)
by sgnick rate this post as useful

sgnick 2007/10/27 18:41
Yes, i think you don't have to lose your all hope though i don't know your destination.

As you know, the more northern or the higher altitudes you go up, the earlier you see the colored leaves, and vice versa, which means if you want to see the autumn leaves in any mountainous areas on 19 Dec., then perhaps hope is little, but there may still be a good chance to enjoy them, if not at their peak, in the regions with the warmer climates, especially this year.

Just for your referece, here's the site where you can check the updated info on the 'foliage front' over the country. Though it's only in Japanese, i hope you can get some tips with a map showing the foliage state according to the prefectures by different colors (of course 'red' indicates just being in the foliage season.)

http://kouyou.nihon-kankou.or.jp/

mica 2007/10/27 19:32
Thanks for the link great site. I'll be around Tokyo and Hakone form mid to end dec.
by sgnick rate this post as useful

sgnick, 2007/10/27 21:02
As I mentioned on the above, I expect there may be some likelihood for your enjoying the autumn leaves in Tokyo even around mid Dec, however, the site says the leaves start coloring in Hakone, so unfortunately i think it will be quite difficult for you to appreciate the ones when you visit there.

But you'll be able expect the nice winter views of Hakone instead, so enjoy your trip, anyway!

Autumn & winter 2007/10/27 22:42
Thanks mica for the link, we will be going to Kyoto,Tokyo & Sapporo from 27 Nov to 10 Dec . We hope that we could see 2 seasons, autumn & winter. Will we be able to see snow in Sapporo on the 1st week of Dec?
by mimi rate this post as useful

Autumn & winter 2007/10/27 22:42
Thanks mica for the link, we will be going to Kyoto,Tokyo & Sapporo from 27 Nov to 10 Dec . We hope that we could see 2 seasons, autumn & winter. Will we be able to see snow in Sapporo on the 1st week of Dec?
by mimi rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 16:09
Will we be able to see snow in Sapporo on the 1st week of Dec?

The snow just starts to pile up in early December. In some years you have already a lot of snow, in others there might be no snow yet. In the latter case, you can reach snowy places by making a side trip into higher elevations (e.g. Niseko) or central Hokkaido (e.g. Furano).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread