Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

praising girls 2007/10/25 18:34
I'm a new student in Japan. I notice that boys do not verbally praise girls here, like their cuteness, dress, etc. Is it okay if I compliment girls (known each other but not close) such as kawaii or else? Or even sincerely and spontaneous, can it fall to harassment? what questions should be avoid to girls? to boys? I know it depends on the relation, but there must be something in common. thanks to any response!
by dej  

Girls are all the same 2007/10/27 00:54
I think no matter where you go in the world, all girls are pretty much the same. It also depends on the personality of the girl and the situation you're in too. At club for instance, most girls have their barriers up for the sake of some drunken fool trying to hit on them. Of maybe if you just walk up to a girl on the street and compliment her, she might think you're weird/creepy. I think as long as you don't come across as weird/creepy and are sincere its ok. Also consider the situation you are in as well cuz that will largely influence the end result of your intention to compliment.
by T rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/27 01:04
I may be too old to talk about this, but as far as I know, if a young male student in Japan tells a female young student in Japan that she's "kawaii", it's most natural to think that he either has romantic or sexual feelings for her. It's a lot safer to tell her that she looks great in her shirt or hair style, but still there is a risk she might think you have feelings for her. However if you want to ask her out for a date, then they're not necessarily words that should be avoided.
by Uco rate this post as useful

kawaii 2007/10/27 09:17
that sounds more Otaku speech then anything else
by by the way rate this post as useful

? 2007/10/27 23:54
None of my business, but I can't imagine why an Otaku would say "kawaii" directly to a girl at school.
by Uco rate this post as useful

- 2007/10/28 08:04
lol
Uco-san, are you asking me? I'm not an Otaku.

Your answer explained. I get that a praise to girls from a boy here could mean more than if I did back home.
I still prefer say kawaii than sugoi if my friend girl do something nice though :).

As I said b4 thanks to all response!
by dej rate this post as useful

reply to this thread