Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Large taxi capacity 2007/10/27 12:00
Hi, can a family of three adults and three kids aged 2,4,6yrs fit into a large taxi? Are they available at the airport or hotels?

Thanks in advance.
by Mab  

... 2007/10/27 13:17
You may be able to fit if 2 of the kids can fit on the adults laps and the taxi driver allows it.

I think most taxis can legally only take 4 people and some of the larger ones can take 5 and it is really up to the driver if they will take all of you even if you can physically squeeze in.

Definitely ask the driver before you get in an also be prepared to have to split up. I suspect that it will be rare that you can find a taxi driver willing to take everyone.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

in other words 2007/10/27 13:50
put your wife, i assume you are with your wife, and the kids in first, so they get to the destination, then get another taxi for yourselfs.

also make sure they have enough money.
by by the way rate this post as useful

yes you can 2007/10/27 14:00
-----Hi, can a family of three adults and three kids aged 2,4,6yrs fit into a large taxi? Are they available at the airport or hotels?--------

Assuming you are arriving at Narita Airport, you can get all your children in a large taxi (like a mini van type).
Example:
http://www.tokyoairporter.com/fleet.html
by cc rate this post as useful

which airport? 2007/10/27 15:58
Are you thinking of taking a taxi from Narita to Tokyo? If so are you aware that would cost several hundred dollars?
by Sira rate this post as useful

taxi 2007/10/29 00:45
Sira is right! don't ever think about taking a cab from an Narita or Kansai to theri respective downtown! it would cost at least $ 200. Even minivan cabs and limousines (buses) charge $ 25 to 40 per person depending on the distance. Trains are a good options, especially if one has a pass. young kids can travel for free on a train.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

bus 2007/10/29 04:30
Best way is to take airport limosine bus from the airport which will drop you off at front the hotel with your luggages.
Very hassle free but some people prefers a taxi services which I find it difficult to get to at the Narita.
We always take Limosine bus from the airport which is simple and hassle free with luggages in tow.
I think original poster is looking a way to get a taxi and maybe unaware there is bus services available right from the airport.
I think train trip from the airport with these people would be little complicated if they don't know the way around there with luggages and small children in tow.

bus 2007/10/29 04:35
the original poster's question is about getting a taxi from the airport.
However there is better option with three small children and luggages in tow. Airport Limosine bus (less expensive)would be easier and hassle free since the bus will drop you right off at your hotel.
It would be somewhat confusing for people to travel on the trains with small children and luggages in tow in unfamiliar territory.

at the hotel 2007/10/29 04:41
Also from the hotel, ask to get you a large taxi posed to regular five passenger kind. There are mini van type and larger cabs.
You can also arrange for bus services back to the airport and if you are staying in major hotels, hotel concierge can arrange all that for you. You can always ask at the hotel desk about cabs and buses.

Thanks 2007/10/30 00:49
Thanks so much for all your advice and answers. We feel that taking the train will be a little unmanageable with luggage and three young children. Will consider the cost factor and the airport limo bus. You have all been very helpful. Thanks again.
by Mab rate this post as useful

reply to this thread