Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

whats Japan's Night Life like? 2007/10/28 09:08
Im very curious as to what exactly there is to do on a beutiful night in Japan any suggestions?

Thanks
Jake E.
by Jake English  

... 2007/10/31 12:04
Where in Japan will you be? What season?

I like night skiing on a beautiful night in the winter.

Onsen at a rotenburo is also nice.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/31 12:12
Thats really an opened ended question and it depends on where in Japan you are, your age, what your interested in etc etc.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 16:48
Taking a walk in yukata and geta on the streets of a hot spring resort.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Well... 2007/12/4 00:46
I just came back from a trip (first time) in Tokyo. The nightlife in Tokyo is pretty wild. And this is an understatement. IMO, I think Shibuya had the best nighlife. The streets (as most are everywhere in Japan) are packed full of people. Most people will say Roppongi Hills has the "best" nightlife. But I liked Shibuya the best, simply because it offered the best combination of bars, restaurants, shopping and clubs in one single area. I didn't like Roppongi Hills because it was too much of a tourist trap, /w (no offence to anyone of African ancestry) too many pushy African doormen. Every other block had one of these guys and they will just walk up to you, start talking to you, offer to shake your hand and try and pull you into a club. DO NOT GET SUCKERED IN! Shibuya had almost no instance like these, and it had more of a local vibe, which I enjoyed immensely. Enjoy your trip, you will have fun either which way no matter where you are in Tokyo at night.
by T rate this post as useful

Roppongi vs Roppongi Hills 2007/12/4 10:21
I think you mean just Roppongi, rather than Roppongi Hills, which is the newish shopping/ office complex about 5 minutes walk from Roppongi station. There are some restaurants there, but not much in the way of nightlife.

The area around Roppongi station is a completely different situation. There is abundant nightlife, but for my tastes it's a bit sleazy and the touts are annoying. I don't consider it a tourist trap as plenty of locals and expats can be found there as well- they are the main clientele I would say.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread