Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What type of Train tickets to buy? 2007/10/29 02:48
I'm travelling to Japan from 3 - 18 Nov 2007. My itinerary as follows:
Day 1-2 Arrival at Tokyo
Day 3 Nikko
Day 4 Odawara
Day 5 Hakone
Day 6 Gotemba
Day 7-10 Izu Island
Day 10 Kamakura
Day 11-12 Tokyo

Realise that many Free Passes uses Tokyo as a base. What type of Train pass should i get to save on cost? How much would it be? Is a 4-day JR pass useful based on this trip?

Thank you so much.
Lynn
by Lynn  

... 2007/11/3 17:32
I would be using a Nikko Free Pass for Nikko, a Hakone Free Pass for Hakone and a Suica prepaid card for most remaining trips.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Types of pass 2007/11/4 01:17
Hi Uji, I intend to travel from Osaka to Tokyo and back. And then a day trip from Osaka to Kyoto. All within 7 days. Is the 7-day JR Pass the most cost efficient? If not, pls recommend. Would really appreciate your advise. Many thanks!
by Susie rate this post as useful

travel osaka-tokyo 2007/11/4 07:13
If you travel from Osaka-Tokyo & return, as well as a day trip from Osaka-Kyoto then it will work-out to roughly the same as a 7 day JR Pass.
by Philip rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/4 07:48
You could also consider a night bus if you are on a budget:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html

JR Pass 2007/11/4 08:33
Thanks John & Uji. Can the the JR pass be used for travelling within Osaka under the JR West (the Osaka Loop Line)? Just want to confirm. What about in Tokyo? If I want to travel from Ginza to Shibuya and Harajuku, does the JR Pass cover the train ride? Many thanks!

. 2007/11/4 08:35
Yes the nationwide JR pass covers those lines.

At Ginza you have to use JR Yurakucho Station (Ginza Station is on the subway lines).
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/4 10:05
many thanks John.

... 2007/11/5 21:36
May I know how far the JR Yurakucho Station is from the Imperial Hotel at Ginza? Many thanks in advance

... 2007/11/6 08:59
The Imperial Hotel is not located in the Ginza. It is opposite Ginza from the train tracks, less than 5 minutes on foot from Yurakucho Station.

.....alongside the railway track... 2007/11/6 13:25
From Yurakucho station to the Imperial Hotel, you can actually walk alongside the railway track ( Yamanote line), which is aboveground and located behind the Imperial Hotel. As Uji San mentioned it takes about five minutes.
by tju rate this post as useful

Imperial Hotel 2007/11/6 22:13
Then is the Imperial Hotel within walking distance to Tsukiji Market? Thanks.

market 2007/11/7 03:20
thehote land the market are locared on opposite sides of the Yamanote track. The market is down by the water, a relatively long walk away (30-40 minutes?) by you can take the subway. check on the internet for a map.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/7 07:04
Thanks for the info. If we take a taxi from Imperial hotel to Tsukiji Market, how much would you reckon it will cost? Many thanks in advance!

reply to this thread