Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation in Chiba or Tokyo? 2007/10/29 18:50
I have a JR pass. For the last night in Japan, I thought of staying in Chiba as the hotels are cheaper and it is nearer to Narita. However a check on the railway transport schedule, I realised that to get to Narita is faster from Tokyo (1 hr on Narita Express) than on a JR train. Am I wrong? Is it better to stay put in Tokyo. Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Undecided
by Undecided  

... 2007/10/30 10:23
Yes, you're right. It takes 75 min from Chiba to the airport. Transportation aside, there's not much to do/see in Chiba and I recommend staying in Tokyo.
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/30 12:34
I have a JR pass. For the last night in Japan, I thought of staying in Chiba as the hotels are cheaper and it is nearer to Narita. However a check on the railway transport schedule, I realised that to get to Narita is faster from Tokyo (1 hr on Narita Express) than on a JR train. Am I wrong? Is it better to stay put in Tokyo. Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Undecided

It depends. when is your next flight in the morning. You might want to stay near Narita in Chiba Prefecture, not Chiba City.

Regular JR trains can do the route in 43 minutes from Chiba btw. Near the top of every hour is a JR Airport Rapid train from Chiba to Nartia Airport. But makes no much sense for Chiba, either stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita, if you have an early morning flight, don't want to mess with running around all over the place with luggage then staying in Narita might not be a bad idea, if you haven't toured around Narita City before, you have time to see some interesting items.
by John rate this post as useful

Accomodation in Chiba or Tokyo 2007/10/30 19:20
JLady and John,
My sincere appreciation for all the suggestions and comments.

John,
I may change my plan a little if you could provide me with what interesting items are in Narita. FYI, this is my third trip to Japan and my family love Japan very much.
by undecided rate this post as useful

reply to this thread