Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where is Yakuska at? 2004/3/5 09:07
I will be stationed in Yakuska and I believe it is a Naval Base in Japan. If anybody thinks they know what I'm talking about, please respond to this as soon as possible. Thank you very much.
by bucktown  

Yokosuka 2004/3/6 15:21
I think you mean Yokosuka. It is in Kanagawa Prefecture, one hour south of Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Yokosuka? 2004/3/6 15:25
I think you are talking about Yokosuka, which has the Navy Base. Yokosuka is one city in Kanagawa prefecture which is south of Tokyo. If you take a train, it'll take you about one and half hour from Tokyo. If you are going to land on Narita airport, there is couple of ways to get there.
by hanasann rate this post as useful

can't b sure 2005/3/30 17:57
i think this is where my sister is stationed at i can't b sure, but i am still wondering 2
by marla rate this post as useful

It's the same... 2007/7/27 08:51
No, it is not a different place. I often hear Americans call the naval base "Yakuska" but the correct spelling and pronunciation is "Yokosuka".

I have been on base there twice myself and know many people who work there. Yokosuka is not only the name of the base, it is the name of a city.

Try looking for "Yokosuka"- with that spelling- on Wikipedia or even just Google it. I promise you it is the naval base you are looking for and you will find tons of information.

If you look for "Yakuska" you won't find much...
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread