Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Last minute Kyoto accommodation 2007/10/30 20:30
This is a long shot but I just recieved tickets to Japan and would like to stay in Kyoto from 21 Nov until 27 Nov - I've checked all over the internet but everything seems to be booked.

Does anyone know any last minute sites I could check or know of any accommodation that is available at this time?

Thnaks to anyone who can help.
by Emma  

Hotel in Kyoto 2007/10/31 10:15
Hi Emma
You have tried Japanhotels.com and Asiarooms
and Toyoko inn sites on net?.
Osaka and Kyoto and Kobe are all pretty close so try there to if you have a rail pass. I love Nara which is only 40 minutes away by local train as well so if needed maybe there for night or 2?.
Good luck
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

Here's what I did 2007/10/31 10:36
I faced your same predicament. It's pretty booked in Kyoto right now. I booked 2 different hotels for my 6 night stay. You probably won't find anything that'll give you your 6 days straight, so be prepared to break it up a bit. Also, I found great rates at japanhotelsonline.net. They tell you exactly which hotels have availability so you can piece your vacation together, if you don't mind staying a few nights here and there at different kyoto hotels....good luck!
by Grace rate this post as useful

Japanese site 2007/10/31 11:07
Hi.I am Japanese female. I think its not easy to find an accommodation around that time as that Friday is a national holiday in Japan and its the one of the best season in Kyoto to see colored autumn leaves, however thats why you should see Kyoto, too! I guess you checked already some English site, so I checked Japanese site.Here is the page listed some cheap back packers or hostel in Kyoto. It is written in Japanese, but if you click the name(tittle) of each hostels, many of them has English pages. You can check it. Good Luck! Have a nice trip in Kyoto!!
by yukiko rate this post as useful

here is the URL 2007/10/31 11:09
Hi again!
I am stupid I forgot to put URL.
Here it is!

http://www.dicube.co.jp/search/yomi.cgi?mode=kt&kt=003_004
by yukiko rate this post as useful

alternative alternative 2007/10/31 11:47
here is another possibilty.
This site provides furnished apartments in the heart of Kyoto:
http://kyotostayclub.bravehost.com/
good luck
by In rate this post as useful

THANK YOU! 2007/10/31 12:52
WOW! Thanks to everyone for such helpful ideas!

To Kiwi:
Thanks for the links, Nara sounds like a place worth visiting – I might see if I can split the time between there and Kyoto.

To Grace:
Splitting hotels is a great idea – silly of me not to think of it and thanks for the link.

To Yukiko:
I knew it was going to be hard getting anything at short notice but thank you so, so much for the link to such great site – I’ve already sent of some inquiries.

To In:
I had never even thought of apartments – that’s a great idea - thanks for the link.

THANK YOU!
by Emma rate this post as useful

Thank you Yukiko 2007/10/31 15:03
A big thank you to Yukiko - I just recieved a reply from one of the places from the page you gave me!

Thank you so much!
by Emma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread