Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserved Limited Express Trains 2007/10/31 08:35
I would like to go from Shinjuku sta. to Nikko on the 23rd of November (Labor Day) . I understand that the limited express train to Nikko is reserved seat only. My question...should I reserve the seats and purchase the tickets the same day or the day before?

by mike  

Shinjuku to Nikko 2007/10/31 11:08
Mike,

If seats are still available, you can reserve right up until the time of departure. However, being a holiday Saturday in a season when Nikko is a popular destination, the train could well be fully booked. I would strongly urge that you reserve seats as soon as possible.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

As Dave . . . 2007/10/31 11:27
. . . was saying, Nov. 23rd is when the lower Nikko area would be in fall colors (maybe a tad late). DO NOT wait for the day before.

I plan my trips at least two months ahead of time. I go to JTB so they can book my airline tickets and Shinkansen the first day you can (usually around 2 months beforehand).
by Clevor rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/31 11:31
Mike in case you can't get reserved tickets, you can take Tobu trains out of Asakusa, they run many unreserved seat trains to nikko as well, just in case you can't get a reserved seat, you're not out of luck.

The JR/Tobu limited express train out of Shinjuku is more expensive then the reserved and unreserved trains going out of Asakusa. Just FYI
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/11/1 00:06

Thank you for the information. A little worried now because I arrive on the 21st.
by mike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread