Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen in central Tokyo - tatoos? 2007/11/2 01:10
Hi, am looking for an Onsen in Tokyo to visit with my wife Preferably something easy to get to, ie central Tokyo, or at least and easy trip on the train to get to it (preferably not more than an hour or two). I really like the look of Oedo Onsen, but also LaQua looks good. However, both websites say that no people with tatoos will be admitted. Is this really the case? I don't have any tattoos, but my wife has two small ones - one on her shoulder, and one on her upper arm (a cartoon devil, and a dolphin). They are small, perhaps 2-3 inches each.

Can anyone recommend any other Onsen that would suit us and wouldn't turn us away because of the tattoos? Hopefully somewhere that has something else to do... so onsen, massage, restaurant, shopping...

Thanks!
by osakawill  

... 2007/11/2 11:50
Tatoo has long been a symbol of Yakuza Mafia and that's why many public baths and onsen had no-tatto policy. I don't think your wife (with a small fasionable tatto) will have a trouble entering onsen but neither Laqua nor Oedo Onsen has mixed-gender bath. You will be seperated from your wife once inside...
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread