Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo Basho Fukuoka - Seats & Tickets 2007/11/2 18:22
Hi all,

1. At the official Sumo site I could not find details on seats (box A, B, C, arena seats, ringside seats). Does anyone of you have been there? I don't want to take binoculars with me and would like to have some help on deciding which kind of tickets I should buy.

2. It seems difficult to get tickets from abroad. Moreover, tickets bought in advance seem to be shipped and not deposited at the counter. - Is it possible to order the tickets upon arrival in Osaka and get them within 2 days (that means before we leave Osaka for our roundtrip).

Thanks for any advice.
by bumblebee  

sumo seating 2007/11/3 15:35
You won't be getting ringside seats unless you are very well-connected and in fact most of the 1st floor seats are extremely expensive/ only sold to people with connections (in Tokyo in any case).

The second floor is a different story, I haven't actually been to the Fukuoka basho but in Tokyo the front row of the second floor gives you a really good view, and even the rows in the middle of the second floor are fine. The back of the 2nd floor is a bit hard to see from- it's worth paying extra to sit a bit further forward.

The Fukuoka location seems to be a similar layout to the Kokugikan in Tokyo (I've been watching sumo on Tv for years and attended the Tokyo basho several times) so 2nd floor front rows seem a good bet, unless you want to spend a lot of money and try to get the masseki (4 person spaces on the first floor).
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread