Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

College/Work? 2007/11/2 21:12
I am planning on moving to Japan at the end of next year to go to college. I live in the U.S.A. and I just wanted to know if its possible to go strait from a high school graduate to college in Japan and be able to get a job there so that I can support myself while in school!
by Immigration  

need a bachelor's first 2007/11/3 11:56
My understanding is that being a foreign resident, you'll need to have a B.A./B.S. before you can receive legal working status unless a student visa gives you limited working privileges as in the States.
by lsl rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/3 12:09
When in Japan as a student you can apply for permission to work. Permission is granted AFTER you are in Japan for a while, they need to see if you have been attending school with good grades etc, before they grant a permission. Part-time work is allowed only.

Sometimes it can be a catch 22 because you can only get the permission after you are in Japan in school. But to get a Student visa to come to Japan in the first place to study you need to show to Immigration you already have enough money to be in Japan to study without working. Usually you need to show access to of up to 20,000 USD for one year.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread