Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Island hopping 2007/11/3 00:32
Me and my friend are flying to Tokyo in late Jan. We are staying in Japan for 3 weeks before departing to New Zealand, so we will have to be careful with our money. We would like to spend some time in Tokyo and then (using our JR Rail Pass) head south to Kyushu via Kyoto etc.
From Kagoshima we would like to get the ferry to Okinawa. Will ferries sail in Jan/Feb? If so, how much is a one week pass?
Also, we would like to do some camping/hiking whilst travelling South. Is this possible during Jan/Feb?
Many thanks
by Joel  

... 2007/11/3 10:28
Will ferries sail in Jan/Feb?

Yes! They operate around the year.

If so, how much is a one week pass?

I don't think there is such a thing. For regular fares, check the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2355.html

Also, we would like to do some camping/hiking whilst travelling South. Is this possible during Jan/Feb?

Many camp grounds are closed during winter, but some should be open. You will need to prepare for single digit temperatures. Possibly freezing temperatures on Honshu and parts of Kyushu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread