Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji in mid-Dec possibe? 2007/11/3 20:44
Hello,
I have only 2 days available to sightsee in Japan. Dec 15/16th. A package I am interested in takes you to Mt Fuji for a cruise on Lake Ashi and cable ride atop Mt Komagatake.
Can I do this in mid-Dec? How cold would it be?
Or is this a crazy idea for mid Dec? Please advice.
by Jodi  

... 2007/11/3 21:28
Can I do this in mid-Dec?

Yes. Although, depending on the road conditions, the tour bus might not be able to go up all the way to the 5th Station of Mount Fuji.

How cold would it be?

Single digit temperatures in the morning. Maybe even freezing overnight. But not that cold during the day.

Or is this a crazy idea for mid Dec?

No, it is not crazy.
by Uji rate this post as useful

possible 2007/11/3 21:54
Touring to a lake near mt. fuji would be fine, but you wouldn't want to climb fuji in December.
by sazae-san rate this post as useful

follow up 2007/11/3 22:02
Dohmo arigatoh!

I guess then dressing up as though I am off to a ski trip would work.

I don't mind so much about climbing the mountain as long as I can get to cruise the lake and see the mountain.

Many thanks!
by Jodi rate this post as useful

I agree 2007/11/3 22:34
I climbed it in August when the temparature was 33 (celsius) at the foot of the mountain and it was near freezing point at the top...December? Forget climbing it. You could go up by bus but it stops about half-way to the top.
by yu-go rate this post as useful

reply to this thread