Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo and Kyoto 2007/11/4 02:10
Hi

Can I know the fastest and most convenient way to travel to Shinjuku/Shibuya/Harajuku from Tokyo Disneyland? I will leave Disneyland from 5.00 pm on 24 Nov and plan to go to explore Tokyo shopping for 2-3 hours.

I also wish to know the fastest and most conveneient way to travel from Gojo Kyoto to Arashiyama. I will go there for 1 full day on 29 Nov. I intent to go to Tofukuji, Kinkakuji and Imperial Palace on 30 Nov from Gojo Kyoto. Can anyone advise me which place I should go first to save time? (Tofukuji, Kinkakuji or Imperial Palace) Is it better for me to buy a prepaid card for 2 days travel in Kyoto (29 & 30 Nov) or to buy any special visitor travel pass? I will be traveling with my family and there is total 6 of us.

Thanks!
by miko  

... 2007/11/4 08:12
Can I know the fastest and most convenient way to travel to Shinjuku/Shibuya/Harajuku from Tokyo Disneyland?

Most convenient is by direct bus to Shinjuku. Fastest is by trains.

About the direct bus:
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/english/plan/access/s...

About trains (enter "Maihama" for the station next to Disneyland and "Shinjuku"):
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

I also wish to know the fastest and most conveneient way to travel from Gojo Kyoto to Arashiyama.

Gojo is a long street, running from west to east. It depends where along Gojo you will be starting. So, I assume you mean Gojo around the intersection with Karasuma Street. My recommended way to go to Arashiyama would be:
1) Karasuma Subway Line from Gojo to Shijo/Karasuma (2 minutes, would be walkable)
2) Hankyu Kyoto Line from Shijo/Karasuma to Katsura (3 minutes)
3) Hankyu Arashiyama Line from Katsura to Arashiyama (15 minutes)

I intent to go to Tofukuji, Kinkakuji and Imperial Palace on 30 Nov from Gojo Kyoto. Can anyone advise me which place I should go first to save time?

The Imperial Palace requires advance reservations for guided tours at appointed times. You will have to plan around that appointed time.

Is it better for me to buy a prepaid card for 2 days travel in Kyoto (29 & 30 Nov) or to buy any special visitor travel pass?

I think prepaid cards would be most convenient, because they cover all transportation in Kyoto, including above mentioned Hankyu Railways. They can also be the cheapest option. The obvious problem is that you may have funds left at the end of your trip or run out of funds before the end of the trip.

The Kyoto day passes are convenient because they cover the two full days, but they only cover Kyoto City Buses and subways, not including Hankyu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tokyo and Kyoto 2007/11/4 13:19
Hi Uji

Thanks a lot for your reply.
If I take train to Shinjuku from Disneyland, can I know which train to take and which station to transfer? Is Maihama train station located very near to Disneyland?

I think I may not visit the Kyoto Imperial Palace. May I know the spots where koyo viewing is best from 29-30 Nov this year? I will still go to Tofukuji and Kinkakuji. My ryokan can be reached after a 5-minute walk from Exit #2 of Gojo Station. So is the below way to Arashiyama that u recommended the most convenient way to reach Arshiyama? How about the way to Kinkakuji and Tofukuji?

Thanks!
by Miko rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/4 18:28
If I take train to Shinjuku from Disneyland, can I know which train to take and which station to transfer?

You can look it up on the site that I referenced in my previous post. The fastest route is by JR Keiyo and Chuo Line via Tokyo Station. You have to walk about 10 minutes between platforms in Tokyo Station.

Is Maihama train station located very near to Disneyland?

It is within a 5 minute walk from the Disneyland entrance gates. A short monorail ride from the Disney Sea entrance gates.

May I know the spots where koyo viewing is best from 29-30 Nov this year?

I recommend to inquire at the tourist desk once you arrive in Kyoto. Now, it is difficult to predict.

My ryokan can be reached after a 5-minute walk from Exit #2 of Gojo Station. So is the below way to Arashiyama that u recommended the most convenient way to reach Arshiyama?

If you refer to Gojo Station along the Karasuma Subway Line, yes. But there is also a Gojo Station along the Keihan Main Line.

How about the way to Kinkakuji and Tofukuji?

To Kinkakuji: by subway to Kitaoji and then by bus or taxi to Kinkakuji

To Tofukuji: by subway to Kyoto Station then by JR Nara Line to Tofukuji Station or walk to Keihan Gojo Station and take the Keihan Main Line to Tofukuji Station. The temple is a 10 minute walk from the station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread