Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling-Luggage Query 2007/11/4 17:20
We will be travelling to Japan in mid December and will travel KIX(1 night)-Osaka(2 nights)-Tokyo(3 nights)-Kyoto(2 nights)-KIX.

We have a JR Pass and the two of have a large suitcase each. Should we be sending luggage via Takyubin or should we take them on the Shinkansen with us? I have limited Japanese to organise Takyubin but I am also a bit worried about the space for luggage on the trains. Thanks in advance.
by Damo  

... 2007/11/5 09:43
Yes. I think it is much more comfortable to send luggage forward by Takkyubin. Japanese hotels are very used to handling Takkyunbin so you have only to tell the hotel staff your next destination. Then, they will fill in the form for you.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Easy 2007/11/5 09:45
Hi Damo

I did a similar itineray to you last year - taking luggage on the shinkansen is a breeze.

There is storage space at both ends of every carriage for suitcases and other luggage, and the stations all have lifts or escalators.
by Natalie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread