Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I become a anime creator? 2007/11/7 22:15
Hi my dream is to become one of the worlds top anime creators I have had this crazy dream for as long as I can remember. I want to basicly know if it is possible to become a anime creator if you a english person? thank you to eny one who can answer this.
by Siber wolf  

. 2007/11/8 11:51
If you are really good, make good connections, work really hard, and get discovered anyone has a chance. If you want to be top just like professionals in other fields of work, you have to do things that will set yourself apart from others. Something really unique thats never been done before. Thats what sets the top people away from the regulars.
by John rate this post as useful

Do it where you are! 2007/11/8 18:08
If you will it, there is no dream.
-Theodore Hertzle

Start drawing now, in English. Make your own comic for other westerners who are interested in Manga but can't read Japanese. There is your market right there.

I am pretty sure that it would take you about ten years to get your Japanese up the the level that you would need to write for a Japanese company because half of manga is the sound effects written into the drawings in Katakana. I am sure that you can read them, but do you know the thousands of onomatopoeias that are used in every picture? Good on you if you do.

But first start now in English and build up your resume for the future.

You might just be a pioneer.
by Jupiter Rising rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/8 23:37
Siber wolf,

Is your dream to become one of the worlds top anime creators? Or is it to become one of the Japan's top anime creators?

If it's the former, (in case you haven't noticed) quality animation exists everywhere! They're giving Oscars to various countries around the world for their top quality animations. So I don't know where you're from, but you will have a greater chance doing it in your own country.

If your dream is the latter, it's not that difficult to start your career in Japan as long as you can communicate fluently in Japanese and are skilled to a certain extent. The problem is to have the guts to continue it. So many people drop out of the tough job the industry demands that there is always new space for everybody who loves doing it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

If you need a writer... 2007/11/9 07:30
I have a story. It's all panned out, set for an anime, but I can't draw. Let's see what we can do together.
by Travis rate this post as useful

anime 2008/6/3 05:54
yes indeed u can become a anime creator if u arent asian im 11 years old and im tryin to do the same thing as you your fist way is to study anime by reading anime books and watching TV then pratice after u can then start drawing when u think your perfect post ads in news papers and online to sample your work well thats all i have for now but heres another tip for studing go to deiventart.com and try looking up anime there or you can google it thats how i found this site well gotta go good luck
by brandon rate this post as useful

duh 2008/6/5 04:57
duh just draw someone w/ a giant head litte bodt and extreemly cute eyes
by mat rate this post as useful

Anime Creating 2008/6/8 05:05
Same Here Im 11 Year Old Girl ..*Turning 12 Soon* And Im Actually Devolopting On Making My Own Anime..Im Not Japanese But I Watch Japanese And Learning It..I'm Of Course A Anime Character Creator..I Like To Make Up Characters And Stuff ..But When I Grow Up I Really Want To Become An Anime Creator In Japan..But Still I Have A Long Way To Go Also It's Very Fun If U Put It That Way...
by Momoko rate this post as useful

good luck! 2008/8/23 13:16
i''m 13 years old and I've been drawing anime for awhile now. I want to draw anime comic books too . Keep going on your work. The best way to excel in art i believe is to look up pictures on the internet,(i use google)and to copy them until you have enough experience to draw your own poses and pics. Be careful though... you can accidentally click on some perverted pictures if your surfing the internet. Good luck!
by Paimi rate this post as useful

Going to Japan in 4 days.. 2008/9/12 03:26
If you want to create an anime it takes dedication in general. Start with pencil and paper. work to inks, paints, paint pencils. eventually scan your art. I am still trying to clean up my sketches. Don't move to fast. Get a style you are comfortable with first off. The problem most people get stuck at is not having a style to work with. If you don't have a "style" you can't make an anime. I worked recently for a small real estate company, but they got my name out a little. The houses I drew were in there ad's. You have to start talking to people to get discovered. Before you become the greatest you have to be the beginner. Crawl before you walk, head up. Never quit. best of luck. - Joshua
by Joshua rate this post as useful

Keep trying... 2008/9/13 08:05
Never give up. Make up stories, take manga drawing lessons (search "markcrilley"on youtube), take japanese lessons, send copies to an editor, and make your hopes come true. Make the origional in english, Take a few other language classes, and spread word across the internet, and across the world. Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it. :D
by thetrue-snake rate this post as useful

never give up 2009/1/2 21:57
i also have the same dream iam 15 my drawing is terrible but still i want to work hard bcuz if u just workhard u can make any dream reality if u love it u can do it so never give up best of luck
by yuki rate this post as useful

you can do it man ^_^ 2009/8/12 19:06
Wow cool a person who shares the same dream as me well man i beleive you can but as many have said already ya gotta keep practiceing and develop a good style right now i'm trying to think of totaly original story line and style so I can stand out more though I must admit my artwork royaly sucks but my story telling skills are superb thanks to a good friend of mine i'm currently 13 but honestly I havent made good progress since i was 11 I'm gonna start off here in my country then when i get good money i will expand and then after awhile I will take my place as the best of the best lol though i know this will be extreamly difficult at the rate i'm going but after watching all the Code:Geass episodes I am driven even more to complete my goal in life i want a legacey and i want it in anime...oh ya and good luck man ^_^
by KevinJazDavis (guest) rate this post as useful

Anime Creator 2009/8/14 09:06
First of all I have to say if you are determined, talented and work hard anything is possible. If you want to be an animator in Japan start learning Japanese NOW. Trust me on this one because if you come to Japan like I did and don't speak Japanese 95% of everything is closed to you. Learn Japanese and learn it well and you will have a head start. Keep in mind that many anime jobs are low paying and the anime companies have a high turnover rate.

http://tokyo-anime.jp/lag/english/school/index.html

http://schools.awn.com/index.php?loc=Japan<ype=program&pcat=1
by frank65 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread