Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse visa query. 2007/11/8 02:40
May be a stupid question but I can't get an answer from anyone I've asked.
I'm applying for a spouse visa outside Japan. I've been told by other spouses that when I first receive the visa I can't travel outside Japan for the first year, even if I have a re-entry permit. I think this is a bit daft as I do have to travel to and from the UK a couple of times a year. Is this true or a load of rubbish?
Thank you senpais!
by Urusai  

. 2007/11/8 11:47
I've never heard of this requirement!
by John rate this post as useful

Spouse visa 2007/11/8 14:21
Urusai,

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I think it is true that you cannot leave the country while your visa is being processed, but I've never heard anything like this "first year" rule.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

B.S. 2007/11/8 22:08
Whoever told you that was full of it. Sorry to say. I am here in Japan on a spousal visa and I got my re-entry permit within a year. I went back to my home country within the year and had no problems! I am sure you'll have no problems as well! Have fun traveling!
by Paul rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 08:48
I can also prove this wrong based on my own expeience as a spouse visa holder. I left and re-entered Japan five months after getting my spouse visa and have never heard of a requirement like that.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Cheers! 2007/11/13 23:02
Thank you all who replied. I knew it was rubbish, but that little seed of doubt gets sown in your mind.......
by usurai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread