Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving within Japan 2007/11/8 21:49
I live in the western Kanagawa area and moving to Chiba. What are some options to move? I know of takkyubin but i have some things such as a bike, futon and plastic drawers and a small bookshelf.
Can I get some recommendations? Takkyubin or another moving service? The problem is finding a box and wrapping some of these things (bookcase, etc.).

thanks!
by bacon  

happy moving 2007/11/9 10:05
do you read japanese? if so have a look at this site. http://www.nittsu.co.jp/pelican/price/arrow.html
they will supply boxes for a charge.
by O'sakana rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 17:37
Bacon,

You can either rent a truck and move your things by yourself, or hire one of the numerous moving companies (hikkoshi-gyosha).

Each company has it's specialities. Some are good at moving families long distance, some are better at moving single people to a short distance. Let them make an estimation for free and compare.

I hope someone can recommend a good company that speaks your language. Otherwise, if you can read Japanese, it's very easy to find companies through the internet.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread