Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day tour in Hakone 2007/11/11 23:41
Hi,

Together with my husband and 2 daughters aged 7 and 10, are planning to visit Hakone on 27 Nov. After doing some research, greatly appreciate your advise on some of the following questions :

With the Freepass, should I stop at
1) SOUNZAN if want to take the Hakone Tozan Cable Car.
a) Is there much walking required to reach the cable car station?
b) Does the cable car start and end at Sounzan?

2) How should I proceed if I want to go to TOFENDAI to take the Pirate Boats in Lake Ashi)?

As we are from tropical country and are afraid of cold, I need to minimise the walking as the weather should be very cold. It would be great if you can add in one or two more places and we only intend to spend about 5 hours in Hakone after less off the travel hours. Appreciate your advise to make this trip a memorable and smooth journey... Thank you so much in advance!
by Roselin  

Hakone 2007/11/12 22:50
You come/leave from Odawara? By train of Odakyu line to Hakone Yumonto, change tracks, same station to Gora, immediately next ropeway to Sounzan, immediately next start of ropeway, disembark first stop Owakudani, visit Owakudani area, continue ropeway to Togendai, (second stop) immediately next pirate ship to Moto Hakone walk direction of Hakone machi via old checkpoint gate, enter bus to Hakone Yumoto. This all will take you up to 5 hours depending on time you spend in Owakudani and Moto Hakone / Hakone Machi.( 'immediately next' means it is so near you cannot miss and well signposted in English. )
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread