Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

about matsuri, what is exactly? 2007/11/12 13:40
according to japanese people thought, what is matsuri (festival) exactly? as i know that matsuri is Japanese: “festival”, in general, more particularly, the shrine festivals of Shinto. Matsuri vary according to the shrine, the deity or sacred power (kami) worshipped, and the purpose and occasion of the ceremony and often are performed in accordance with traditions of great antiquity.
by rida  

... 2007/11/13 11:13
Rida,

You seem to know everything you need to know about festivals in Japan. What else would you like to know, and what for? I hope to help you.
by Uco rate this post as useful

matsuri 2007/11/15 13:49
matsuri facilitated the communication with the gods and with other people who held matsuri
by hira rate this post as useful

matsuri 2007/11/16 16:25
Masturi is a festival to show appreciation to the local deities who always bless the people. Also, matsuri is done for a good change to revive our souls once a year or so in excitement away from our routine life .
by mamiko rate this post as useful

Date of matsuri? 2007/11/17 17:33
I always wondered what decides when the matsuri is held. I know there are festivals all year round and it is obvious to me that the ones involving snow or rituals with ice cold water are held in winter, but what about the others? My hunch is that it is the nature of the kami-sama but is it always clear to associate the deity with a date?
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread