Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two days in Kyoto 2007/11/13 04:29
Is two days in Kyoto enough? I am planning a whirlwind trip to Japan with four days in Tokyo and two days in Kyoto. I'd appreciate input about the time I plan to stay in each place. Thanks!
by Amy Doe  

... 2007/11/13 08:54
Enough or not depends on traveler's interest and traveling pace...but in 2 days, I think you can at least visit several popular spots. It would be better to sort out visiting places depending on geological areas (for example, east part and west part) so you don't waste time for transporation.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/11/13 11:40
Very good point. I am just starting to travel so your help is greatly appreciated. I saw someone else's two day itinerary on this forum and that helped too. So kind of you to help.
by Amy Doe rate this post as useful

2 days in Kyoto 2007/11/13 12:41
any special reason to go to Tokyo? unlike London, Paris, Rome etc. Tokyo doesn't have that many ancient monuments. because you want to visit Kyoto why not visit only the Kansai? Osaka, while much smaller than Tokyo, has lots of great department stores and also the usual international fashion suspects: Chanel, Vuitton, Fendi, etc. in addition Osaka is close to Kyoto and Nara, 2 old capitals that, together , have several thousands historical buildings.
however yes you can see Tokyo and Kyoto in a week but you need to plan very very carefully as it always takes longer than one think to go to and visit historical places. And of course you have to travel from Tokyo to Kyoto and back. it takes 3hrs plus one way and around yen 28000 return so a 7 days JR pass would be worthwhile as you can also use it to go around Tokyo on the loop line, to go from the airport to downtown Tokyo etc.
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread