Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Kansai airport to Tokyo? 2007/11/14 18:22
Hi, Im arriving to Osaka and im hoping to meet up with a friend in tokyo. I was wondering how to get to Tokyo from Osaka by train. I already have my JR pass as well. And also me and my friend are heading to Sapporo from Tokyo and we were thinking to save from hostels we decide to take a night train instead. Since our iterinary for a tip is really tight we need to make sure we get there at the appointed day. Is there anyway we could book in advance for night trains to assure space? what are the limits to reserving with a JR rail pass? Thanks!
by Jon2.0  

KIX - Tokyo - Sapporo 2007/11/14 21:53
Arrive KIX exchange your Exchange Order to JR Rail Pass. Take JR haruka express from KIX to ShinOsaka, take JR hikari shinkansen to Tokyo. The surcharge, even for JR Rail Pass holder on the JR hokutosei night train from Tokyo Ueno station to Sapporo is far more than one night at hostel. Alternative take JR night train Akebono to Aomori, seats free for JR Rail Pass and then after 09.55 morning arrival JR day train to Sapporo, see http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2356.html.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread