Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Learning to Solder 2007/11/15 20:19
I'm trying to learn how to solder, but I can't find any stores that sell electronic components or starter kits. Nearest major city is Nagoya (I'm in Mie). Any clues?
by Kevin  

donki 2007/11/17 12:47
Hi
is there any DIY shop or Donki near you? Solder is easily found at hoby shops or large variety shops
i am going to post Donki shop
i hope its near you
http://www.donki.com/c/shop/shop_en.php?lang=en&shopid=88
by hoda rate this post as useful

soldering on. 2007/11/17 12:59
Is almost a lost art. I have an electric iron and a coil of solder, can do crappy work on small electical connections like car sound and kit toys, which is a good idea to solder connections .I repaired car alternator Diode rectifier unit on a Subaru with it once, was successful.
The old Guy next door I got to do larger heavier job like applying solder to the alligators and cable of sets of car jumper leads.
Id be surprised if there are not websites and books on ebay offering how to advice on it.

Rule 1 is everything clean as a whistle, of course.
Late Grandfather was originally a tins-smith. Could out-solder anyone. Doubt they even have tin-smiths anymore.
by Patrick-Australia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread