Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

koseki tohon in the philippines 2007/11/22 01:09
my japanese passport expired a couple of years back. i wanted to renew it but there is a need to submit a new family registry (koseki-tohon). my father sent me a copy of it a year ago. but the embassy in the philippines said that i should get a new one. unfortunately both of my parents are in japan and i couldn't reach them for year now.
how will i be able to secure a new copy while i am in the philippines?
by YO  

koseki tohon from oversea 2007/11/22 11:10

Please take a look at old copy of the family registry and find out which prefecture()and city your Koseki is registered. Next,you write directly to ːЏZۊǗؖW of city hall that you want your Koseki Tohon airmailed to your address in the Philippines. If you can find the phone number of the city hall,it might be quicker to call them and explain why exactly you need koseki tohon is for(which is passport renewal).

It will take 2 to 3 weeks to recieve koseki tohon.

good luck!:)
by hodad rate this post as useful

reply to this thread