Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

osaka, tokyo and others in between... 2007/11/22 15:58
Hi there,

I have had a look over the train guides and am still very confused :S

My itinery is as follows and would appreciate any help in deciding between travelling on JR 14 day pass and single tickets.

28 Dec: Arrive Osaka
31 Dec: Osaka - Kyoto
2 Jan: Kyoto - Okayama
3 Jan: Okayama - Naoshima Island
4 Jan: Naoshima Island - Osaka
5-6 Jan: Osaka (day trips to nara, kobe)
7 Jan: Osaka - Tokyo
8-13; Tokyo (day trips to yokohama and others...? -any suggestions?)
14 Jan: Tokyo - Narita Airport.

It seems that with lots of trips around, the 14 day JR pass seems to be most convenient (and cheapest option?) to go for? As the 14 day pass will only last til 10 Jan so will need to get other train tickets for the last 4days and to narita.

Also, I understand that travelling over the new year period is very busy and would like to know if getting a reserved seat will be very difficult.

Thanks heaps~
ML

by mwon089  

. 2007/11/24 01:02
Hi! Yes JR 14DAYSPASS is the best way, with, supplement payings for private railways, metros and buses.
As for transfer OSA/KYO, if completed Shinkansen (I do NOT think so, because there will be seasonable trains added) you can take ordinary JR lines, or even worse, you have two private lines, HANSHIN and HANKYUU, so no problem.
1st January, jammed up with people everywhere in town. And quite chilly there.
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

reply to this thread