Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Employment in Japan 2007/11/24 04:23
My bf and I are considering applying for working holiday visas in Japan and were wondering what chance we would have seeking work? I would have the equivalent of JLPT3 he would just be a beginner in Japanese. Neither of us have degrees. I am a PA and he is a Architectural 3D Visuliser. I would appreciate any info? With kind regards
by Mandy  

A similar thread 2007/11/24 15:12
by AK rate this post as useful

SWAP work program 2007/11/25 14:18
I too have been looking into a Holiday Work Term in Japan [depending on where you come from this maybe a great option (search "Japan Working Holiday" to see if you qualify)].

So far I have been able to dig up the following info. Most contracts start at 6 months-1 year for employment. Depending on how long you are staying [less than 6 months] you would have better luck finding work in hospitality [retail, hotels, resorts, etc.], rather than in English teaching. Usually jobs pay monthly [rather then biweekly in North America] so you would need quite a bit of money to sustain you for this period. As for pay... I am still unsure one can sustain themselves in Tokyo with one of these jobs while only working part time [I'm still looking into it sorry].
by continuous.conundrum rate this post as useful

reply to this thread