Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Info. request from a Moroccan guy 2007/11/25 00:04
I am not a native speaker of English, but i am about to get a degree in English literature in my country, Morocco. I can also get my masters' degree here before applying for a working visa. is it possible for me to get a teaching job in japan?
by Hicham Bihmidine  

... 2007/11/25 09:50
You need to check with your embassy.
by cc rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/25 12:59
Hicham,

If you are thinking of teaching English conversation at private conversation schools in japan, I'm afraid it will be extremely difficult, because those companies want native English speakers. Also with NOVA, one of the major English school chains in Japan, going through a major financial problem, there are many English teachers looking for jobs in Japan currently.

Please note that you cannot just apply for a working visa for Japan BEFORE finding an employer - you have to have an employer first, and the employer in Japan needs to sponsor you for the visa.

Another thing to note is that English "literature" and English "language teaching" are two different things; you might want to inquire with colleges/universities if literature is your major.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread