Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap stay at Chichibu for Dec 2-3 2007/11/26 03:52
Help! My flight to Japan leaves in less than 2 days, most places are planned out - except for a stay in Chichibu..we're going there for the festival on Dec 2-3...but couldn't find any information on bokking cheap stays...there are hotels for over $500USD.we're students, can't afford it.
PLEASE HELP! Are we allow to sleep on trains if we can't find a place? Thanks!

Please reply,
Panic-mode
by panic-mode:need hostel@chichibu  

day trip from Tokyo? 2007/11/26 13:32
If there is a festival there there is unlikely to be any cheap accommodation still available in the area. Chichbu is perfectly possible to visit as a daytrip from Tokyo though- do you absolutely have to stay in the area itself?

It is 90 mins from Seibu Ikebukuro station in Tokyo to Seibu Chichibu station by express train.

Or you can stay in somewhere like Tokorozawa which is a bit closer but unlikely to be booked out.

You can't sleep in trains as other than reserved overnight long-distance trains most lines stop around midnight.
by Sira rate this post as useful

the problem 2007/11/26 17:37
Ordinarily, a day trip to Chichibu is entirely doable, but during the Chichibu Yomatsuri the trains will be packed. You won't be likely to even be sitting on the trains, let alone sleeping.
by Tilt rate this post as useful

thanks... 2007/11/27 00:36
How far is it actually? I mean chichibu to tokyo?

haha, so i guess they don't let people sleep on trains like they do in Europe...
If we decide to stay up all night, will we have someplace to go? or things to do? When does the JR open up again in the morning?

Thanks!
by panic-mode:need hostel@chichibu rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/27 08:10
How far is it actually? I mean chichibu to tokyo?

How to access Chichibu:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6552.html

so i guess they don't let people sleep on trains like they do in Europe...

Not after the train arrived at its terminal station.

If we decide to stay up all night, will we have someplace to go?

I don't think there is much to do or to go to in Chichibu, which is a small mountain town. You will just freeze to death. Tokyo and other large cities are a different story, of course.

When does the JR open up again in the morning?

The first train by Chichibu Railways departs Chichibu at 5am. Seibu Railways at 5:01am.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread