Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mosquito repellent 2007/11/26 19:14
Hi guys,

Will be visiting Japan tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good mosquito repellent that is effective (preferably purchased in Japan), or some funky gadget or whatever to keep mosquitoes at bay.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
by Hung  

Vape maybe 2007/11/27 09:08
There are almost no mosquitos at this season, so after you arrive, you can ask around and do your research until summer.
by Uco rate this post as useful

no mosquitos, it's winter 2007/11/27 10:09
Unless you are going to Okinawa, it is far too cold now for mosquitos- all of about 12 degrees today. You won't see any on the mainland, I guarantee you.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/27 13:01
I recommend buying repellent BEFORE arriving in Japan. I could never seem to find any decent repellent that actually works in Japan.
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/27 13:48
There's a widely available brand with an orange cap that I have used and it works fine. I've also seen a brand with a blue cap. They're easy to get at any convenience store in the summer. Just look for the pictures on the can of bugs bouncing off peoples skin.

I personally prefer mosquito coils however because i don't like putting stuff on my skin. They can also be bought at the convenience store.

Be careful bringing repellent over as you can't bring aerosol cans on the plane.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

why? 2007/11/27 21:33
Why would you want mosquito repellent in late Nov- early Dec?
by ... rate this post as useful

mosquito 2007/11/27 22:52
Maybe Hung is already in Japan now and finding no mosquito to worry about ufufu
( E_E)‚’ęb`ƒ›Ý›Ý›Ý
by hodad rate this post as useful

reply to this thread