Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Washing Machine Repair in Tokyo 2007/11/27 00:00
Hi All,
When I bought my apartment, it came with a brand new Whirlpool washer that has seemingly just died.

Whirlpool doesn't seem to have a presence in Tokyo and I have no way to contact the people who procured it. Since I own the place, I can't "call my landlord" either, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Anyone have a good experience with that kind of repair, or any other helpful suggestions?
by Jim  

if I were you 2007/11/27 16:39
I would advice you to throw it away as a bulky rubbish if it is broken. You can either call the local government office for taking the old washing machine away from your house on their specified day. You will have to pay for it. Or when you buy a new washing machine at an electronical store, then they can take it away when they deliver a new one to your house with an extra cost(not so much).
by mamiko rate this post as useful

machi no denkiyasan 2007/11/27 23:02
Your neighborhood electric appliance store is a good place to start.

There is usually at least one small store near your train station that will come to your door for any kind of problems you might have concerning electric appliances. Ask an old neighbor for "denki-ya-san". They may not be able to fix your washing machine, but they may give you advise.

Otherwise, call every possibility on your phone book.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread