Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What working visa to open a business? 2007/11/27 21:31
Hi! ILm 23 and ILm going to Japan for the first time next spring. I have an idea about opening a business in Tokyo or Osaka that could actually work; so apart from leisure ILll take some time in Japan investigating if my idea has chances to succeed. My question is about visa; everytime I look for visa info, it seems that you can only apply for a working visa if youLre going to work for somebody; what if you want to open a business?? What kind of visa should apply for??
Thanks in advance for any answers
by Aerond  

... 2007/11/28 07:36
You will have to get a work visa as "Investor/Business Manager". The criteria for this visa are very strict, otherwise, everybody would simply enter Japan by setting up a small business.

Specifically, you will need
1) your office to be located in Japan
2) to employ at least two full-time employees (excluding directors) in Japan who are Japanese nationals or permanent residents.
by Uji rate this post as useful

- 2007/11/28 18:41
I find no problem with that; my idea is about opening a shop, so I would need people working there anyway!!!

by Aerond rate this post as useful

reply to this thread