Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

work from home 2007/11/30 03:18
i'm from Canada , and i plan to move to japan for a while, just wondering if i can just simply register a Ltd company and work from home as an office. like what i'm doing right now in Canada.
thanks in Advance
by Ktino  

... 2007/11/30 08:09
just wondering if i can just simply register a Ltd company and work from home as an office.

You will need a visa that allows you to work in Japan. The two options I can think of are:

1) spouse visa: need to be married to a Japanese national or permanent resident

2) work visa as "Investor/
Business Manager": the criteria to get this visa is quite strict. For example, you would have to hire two Japanese full time employees. It is not possible to get this visa as a one-man business.

As for the process of setting up an incorporated business in Japan, it is more expensive and complicated than in Canada. You can also run a business as an individual. No paperwork needed (except when filing taxes).

The visa is the main hurdle.
by Uji rate this post as useful

no visa category for this 2007/11/30 10:07
This gets asked a lot, and as yet there is no visa that will allow you to do this, unfortunately.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread