Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

DOD Schools and Navy Bases 2007/12/1 00:33
Our family is looking to relocate to one of the naval bases in Japan. I am not in the military and have received some disappointing rumors about dod schools. My kids go to a great school and I am worried about the quality of the DOD schools, is there a lack of quality, I always heard they are good schools. Is there a "better base" to be stationed at as far as quality of life and schools. Thank you!
by BTS  

. 2007/12/1 12:58
While I'm not familiar with DOD schools, there is always an option of attending an "International School" depending on where you plan to live and assuming the DOD school is not up to your standards.
by John rate this post as useful

DoDD schools 2007/12/1 13:20
I don't have kids so could only contribute random impressions of DoDDS Pacific, but the larger the school, the more diverse programs it has - you might research by size.
For real info from people who have kids, you could seek out websites and forums pertaining to the bases themselves. For example, there is a Yokosuka Family Group in Yahoo. There are probably others.
Of course it's all positive but:
http://www.pac.dodea.edu/welcome_new_students.htm
the official website.

My impression is that parents who are involved and work with the schools are mostly satisfied.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread