Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Uni in Japan 2007/12/1 01:08
I want to study in university in Japan, I've read about it but I have a few questions:

1. Are UK A-levels recognised for university applications?
2. Is there a Japanese language subject taught in english?
3. If I do complete the above subject, will this count as a degree so I can work and live in Japan permanantly after?
4. I've read that you need 'sufficient funding' to prove you can live without needing financial help; will I need a host family or a massive amount of savings?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance :)
by Brian  

uni 2007/12/4 19:39
Hi Brian

1. Are UK A-levels recognised for university applications?
2. Is there a Japanese language subject taught in english?
3. If I do complete the above subject, will this count as a degree so I can work and live in Japan permanantly after?
4. I've read that you need 'sufficient funding' to prove you can live without needing financial help; will I need a host family or a massive amount of savings?

1&2)First,you must determin which college you want to attend. If you would like take Japaese as second language course,then you need to find those college that does. You need to inquir through admissions office of the college you want to apply.

3)After graduating from the college,you will probably have a chance to be recruited by some companies but it does not promise you for permanent residency in Japan. You will probably get a working visa for 3years.

4)You need to show a proof that you are financially sufficient to attend college and live in Japan when you apply for student visa,so yes you need some savings.
Host faimily is not your guarantor.
by hodad rate this post as useful

reply to this thread