Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lots of question about Akihabara 2007/12/4 06:18
Hello.
I plan to visit tokyio in 2008 and would like to know some questions about akihabara.

What are good place to stay in Akihabara that is cheap?
How much is the food in Akihabara ?
Do maid cafe have age restriction?
Do Akihabara is good place for kids?
How much manga cost ?
Thanks
by Vorotnikov  

Akiba 2007/12/4 10:46
What are good place to stay in Akihabara that is cheap?
How much is the food in Akihabara ?
- A variety of meals can be eaten in Akihabara at reasonable prices around 1000yen for lunch.
Do maid cafe have age restriction?
- No. But keep in mind that you may not take photoes of the maids.
Do Akihabara is good place for kids?
Yes, there are many shops that sell anime character goods,figures and games, and there is 'Anime Center' in the Akihabara UDX building.
How much manga cost ?
-Manga costs around 400yen, but I have not seen any manga in English in Akihabara area yet.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

a quick note... 2007/12/4 12:08
Just a small note that some of the maid cafes charge a fee to enter. I'm not sure which ones though. I say this only in respose to the cost of meals in akiba and maid cafes, and just as a side note, and something to be aware of. :)
by Nika rate this post as useful

hotel 2007/12/4 13:09

you don't have to stay in Akihabara. You could stay in Ueno (within walking distance of Akihabara), Shinagawa, Shinjuku for example These neighbourhoods are all on the Yamanote loop line and are interesting places to visit.
check www.japanhotel.net for hotels

I have seen quite a few TV shows about Maids cafes and find the concept creepy(I am a man by the way) not to mention an insult to real French maids who don't dress or behave that way (maids aren't waitresses at all but household staff in a private home). I most certainly wouldn't bring children and teens there.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Akiba 2007/12/4 14:34
I I am not really obssess with anime or manga but since in my country I cannot buy since it so expensive..
I dont really will stay in Akiba only will go to see and buy.
What a good place for staying in tokyio?
by Vorotnikov rate this post as useful

Depends 2007/12/4 16:10
Depends on your budget and length of stay, really. It can range from hostels to traditional inns (ryokans) to small apartments. Do you know which wards you would like to stay in? Perhaps finding something close to areas you'd like to visit is best.
by Nika rate this post as useful

akihabara operating time 2008/4/27 13:57
May I know what time does Akihabara open? Will the shops be open if I go there around 10am?? Thank you.
by px rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/27 14:22
Stores typically open around 10 to 11 am:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread