Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electric wok 2007/12/6 20:39
I would like to buy an electric wok for cooking. What are the large electrical applicance chain stores in Japan that would have a website on which I can see the different models? Also what is an electric wok called in Japanese? Dozo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.
by m-chan  

... 2007/12/6 21:14
You do realize that a wok is Chinese and not Japanese, right?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Electric wok 2007/12/6 21:25
Hi, yes I do realise :) It is for a gift for my Japanese relatives. In Australia, we have woks like these that plug into the electricity and don't need a stove (great for stir fying). I am hoping I can buy something similar in Japan to give them as a gift: http://www.toasters.com.au/products/product_details.cfm?rec_...

Thanks for any suggestions.
by m-chan rate this post as useful

Wok..Wok... 2007/12/6 21:44
Akihabara or may be chukagai in yokohama....

You most likely to get lucky in Akihabara as it is called the electric city!!
by Wok-MAn rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/7 00:12
Like this?
In Japan, it is called "Guriru Nabe" and used for hotpots/sukiyaki/BBQ.
by JLady rate this post as useful

wok 2007/12/8 11:43
I am afraid you cannot get an electric wok in Japan.
You can only get an electric barbecue plate.
One of the largest electric stores can be found in Shinbashi(next to the station). The shop is called Yamada Denki.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread