Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i get the free Pass on JR Pass? 2007/12/7 00:34
Do i make sense? I can see that a lot of people say that when you go to a particular place to get the Free pass for the local transport i guess?? Example..i want to go to Hiroshima from Osaka for the day next tuesday and i will have a JR 7 days pass. however..can i use that pass to move around Hiroshima or do i need something else?
Thank You
by Rod  

... 2007/12/7 03:36
The JR pass is only for JR trains, such as the train needed to go to Hiroshima from Osaka.

Once in Hiroshima the JR pass is of no use, since there are no JR owned means of public transportation.
In Hiroshima most travel can be done on the street cars which have a flat rate of 150yen now, regardless how far you travel on them.
What you maybe confused about, is there is a 1-Day unlimited use pass for these street cars, the price in which I cant recall.

To make it simple- travel to major city from major city will be covered by the JR pass, once in the city; intercity travel is not covered and requires normal fees or a completely separate day pass to help save money.

The only exception of intercity travel would be Tokyo as the majority of districts in Tokyo are covered by JR owned subway trains, that in which are covered by the JR pass.

Do some searching on this site, its all fully explained.
by Jeremy rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/7 04:16
"The only exception of intercity travel would be Tokyo as the majority of districts in Tokyo are covered by JR owned subway trains, that in which are covered by the JR pass."

This is not true. JR does not own any subways in Tokyo. The subways are owned by Metro or Toei, therefor a JR Pass does not cover any subway ride. The only trains a JR pass covers in Tokyo central are JR Yamanote Line and Chuo Line.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/7 04:19
Yeah your right the JR trains are above ground, and not technically subways. At any rate, you can travel most of Tokyo by JR line.
by Jeremy rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/7 10:20
The only trains a JR pass covers in Tokyo central are JR Yamanote Line and Chuo Line.

And a few more JR lines. It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread