Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Sophia University Hard to get into? 2007/12/7 13:26
Hi you guys! I just applied to Sophia university for spring of 2008.I'm really crossing my fingers !!!this may be a dumb question but, I was wondering if sophia is a hard university to get into for foreign students?
by Sophia Bound?  

. 2007/12/8 01:03
Sophia University is the one of top 5 private Univ in Japan.

Good luck.
by . rate this post as useful

It depends 2007/12/8 01:11
I'm American and originally applied to Sophia University but got rejected.

I ended up going to Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, in Beppu. Its basically the same stuff they offer at Sophia except the school is on top of a mountain in the countryside of Kyushu... not that I'm complaining because I've had a lot of fun here.

You could always try Temple University Japan in Tokyo. Its an American University so everything is in English.
by Been In Japan too Long rate this post as useful

Sophia... 2008/1/9 00:52
Well Sophia is one of the top private schools in tokýo....so that sounds pretty nice and all. And it is sort of a hard school to get into, though it might be more luck than grades/application because as a student here i see tons of people who are not college student material....and then i hear about A-students getting rejected....but anyhow! Good luck!
by Sophian rate this post as useful

public vs. private 2008/1/9 03:17
So how does Sophia compare to the public universities?
by hakseng rate this post as useful

Sophia 2008/1/12 16:15
I have a sister who's currently studying abroad at Sophia right now via her EAP program at university. If you can't get in directly, it'd probably be a great idea to go that route, especially when you consider the fact that you won't be stuck in Japan for a realllly long time.
by good luck rate this post as useful

Grades? 2008/4/3 00:06
Heya,

I'm a girl from United Kingdom and wondering what grades are good for getting into Sophia?

They only say you need 2 A-levels, but they don't specify the grades.
I got CDDc at a-level. Average A-level grade is D.

Do you think I should apply to sophia or not? Thanks. xxx
by UKinto rate this post as useful

probably quite choosy 2008/4/3 06:35
I would say Sophia is the Japanese equivalent of Oxbridge or the other highly-ranked universities in the UK like Durham, Bristol, London and so on. If you are unlikely to get into them, I would guess that Sophia is unlikely to be an easier bet.
by tokyoite rate this post as useful

Maybe random? 2008/4/6 01:56
Its very true that Sophia might seem a bit random regarding who they accept...take me, definaitly not a straight A student...but i got accepted. I think what counts a lot is the essay you have to write, but thats just a guess.

Besids it might depend on where you are from...sounds a bit bad but theres not that many students from northen europe at sophia...so to seem more international i think they are more willing to accpet you if youre from an exotic country...probably why i got accepted!

But Sophia is regarded as a high level school=hard to enter
by Peter rate this post as useful

peter 2008/4/12 01:39
thanks peter.

I actually got into one of the top 20 universties in UK. I was lucky to get in there too I guess.

So i'll just try my luck with sophia.

thanks! xxx

btw, did u get average grades or what? and u got accepted to sophia.
by ukgirlx rate this post as useful

reply to this thread