Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What kind of paper do Japanese write on? 2007/12/9 05:51
do they use line, square or plain paper for writing kanji?. QUESTION#2 Which one should I use if i'm trying to learn/write kanji? I tried using line paper, but it's difficult to fit some kanji between the lines, should I keep trying to use regular line paper and get used to it or something else?
by kevin  

kanji notebooks 2007/12/10 13:54
For practicing kanji Japanese school kids use books ruled with large squares at least a cm square if ot more for each kanji.

For everyday- writing notes to people etc, taking notes in a class etc, most people use an ordinary horizontally ruled notebook or plain paper- Japanese people are used to writing kanji so don't have as much trouble fitting the character between the lines as a learner would.

Some characters do take up more vertical space than others, definitely, but with practice they should all fit between the lines.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread