Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

(long) translation help 2007/12/11 00:52
hi everyone,

i'm working on this paragraph,and i just wanted some translation help.it's a bit long,so i apologise!thank you to any help:)

1."I always avoid conflict(arguments).I'm the type of person who,even if i'm not at fault,will be the first to apologise."
So far, I have "私はいつも争いを避けます。”The rest I'm not sure of the correct phrasing.

2."That's why I find it difficult to be angry with the people who are important to me.The idea of making someone I care for unhappy,is terrible to me."
These phrases,I have only partially translated so far,so any other input would be appreciated.

3."People say I'm a kind person,and a loyal friend.So,instead of anger,I feel sadness/disappointment."
”私は優しくて、忠実な友達です、と人は言います。I'm not sure what the right word choice is for "instead of" here,so any pointers are appreciated:)

4."But,are these good qualities?Maybe I expect too much of other people."
”でも、この性格は長所ですか?たぶん、他の人はあまり期待を掛けますかな。。”
Is this correct?

5."Recently,I had a small argument with a friend.It was not my fault,and my feelings were hurt,but I still did not want to get angry.We were able to reconcile though."
最近、友達と議論しました。私のせいじゃなくて、感情を傷つけたけど、まだ腹を立てたりしたくないんです。仲直り出来ましたけどね。”For the first phrase,I'm not sure how to say "small argument"..?Again,is this correct?

6."Even so,I worry a little about the consequences(of the argument).But,I cannot do anything about it anymore.I'm sure everyone has experienced these things at some time?"
I'm not at all sure how to phrase that in a tone that is more positive.Help?please:)

7."So,for the last time,I'm sorry about what happened yesterday.I was also wrong."
”そして、最後、「昨日のことは、本当にごめんね.私も悪かったです」。
Correct?

Sorry again for the long list!!thank you very much to any help,any corrections are appreciated as well!
by Ty  

,,, 2007/12/11 13:11
."That's why I find it difficult to be angry with the people who are important to me.The idea of making someone I care for unhappy,is terrible to me."
その理由は、私にとって大切で大事に思っている人たちを怒って悲しい思いをさせるのがいやだからです。
6."Even so,I worry a little about the consequences(of the argument).But,I cannot do anything about it anymore.I'm sure everyone has experienced these things at some time?"
たとえそうでも 私は(議論の)結果を少し心配しています。しかし私にはそれについてこれ以上何もできません。私は皆このような体験をきっと時々していると思っています。
by im rate this post as useful

reply to this thread