Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need a phone to work in Japan. 2007/12/11 06:03
I need to get a phone that will work in Japan. I live in U.S. and my tri-band T-mobile phone doesn't work. Can someone tell me exactly what model I need to get, where I can get it, and what I have to do to have a working phone when I get to Japan.. Thanks!!
by Stephanie  

... 2007/12/11 07:37
There are lots of phone rental companies at the airport in Japan.

For example, at Narita Airport:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_19.ht...
by Uji rate this post as useful

cell phones 2007/12/11 08:29
You can also rent a Japanese phone through Tmobile into which you can put your SIM card. I did this once - it was very expensive but if you really need your regular phone number it is an option.....

For another trip I used rentafonejapan and was very satisfied......

Hope this helps.
by Mara rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/11 18:20
Most 3G phones work in Japan. I don't know how it is in the States, but I picked up a Blackberry 8707v from Ebay for around $60. The charges are high with my network but I still think it will work out a bit cheaper than renting. Saying that I have rented phones in the past and they were great for dropping at your hotel or airport and no problem to return (loads of companies some up on Google). They give the numbers well in advance so you can pass these to colleagues if need be.
by 3G phones rate this post as useful

reply to this thread