Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Overseas accents portrayed in Japan. 2007/12/12 16:27
It has always been a mild curiosity of mine, ever since a Japanese Oyaji remarked to me that a New Zealander speaking Japanese tends to sound very 'Stout'.

Is this true? Are there any tendencies for a grouping of particular english/european accents?

I recall in a game, Guilty Gear, I think, where a stereotypical Chinese accent consisted mainly of the word 'aru' being thrown around...
by Nabaios  

... 2007/12/12 18:00
I think that most Japanese people don't even know how New Zealanders speak in Japanese or in English for that matter. I personally do know how they speak in English. I can't recall hearing one speaking Japanese. Either way, I'm not sure what your friend means by "stout".

As for overseas accents portrayed in Japan, TV performer Tamori is probably the person that is best today at mimicking them. I can't really express the accents in words, though.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread