Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yodabashi in Azabu Juban? 2007/12/13 09:37
On my very first trip to Tokyo, I stayed in a friends apartment in Azabu Juban overlooking Tokyo Tower. It was an impressive and inspiring first glimpse at a new country.

Our first night, a friend took us to this tiny little restaurant, that I have written down in my travel journal as being called Yodabashi.

They serve freezing cold beer - have a bar to sit at and booths and tables.

They don't speak english (I don't count being able to say arigato as speaking Japanese!) and I don't speak Japanese, but I am so wishing to go there again.

The food was yakitori mainly, chicken on sticks with various flavourings (there was one wrapped in wakame and seasoned with miso then lightly fried to perfection) as well as this amazing thing that do with chicken.

They take a chicken breast fillet - cut it thinly - bash it thinner than paper - coat it in some flour (potato starch I think) then deep fry it. You end up with a melt in your mouth chicken crisp - like a pork cracker but infinitly better!

Does anyone know of this place? Or have an english map of how to get there from the nearest train station?

It was the first Japanese meal we had on the first night of our honeymoon and something we want to relive.

Thanks in advance.
by Natalie  

. 2007/12/13 14:31
I have serched "Yodabashi" at Azabu juban area, but cannot find.

I guess "Yodabashi" would be "Yodobashi" that a store of electronic device.

Please check again the name of restaurant.

eg.
Toricho
Gaigai
Tora
Maki
Datedori
Maimon
Shishamo sho
Tori shige
by . rate this post as useful

Not Yodobashi :P 2007/12/13 14:43
It definitely wasn't the electronics store Yodobashi :P

And that is the name that was given to me on the night and was written down - so either my friend got the name wrong, or it's so small it just doesn't exist in Google...

My friend no longer lives in Japan though, so it makes it difficult.

It was a very small place - maybe 3 booths, 5 tables and a short bar to sit at.
by Natalie rate this post as useful

Yodobashi 2007/12/13 16:26
some of the Yodobashi cameras stores have restaurants on the upper floor. could that be the case?
by Red frog rate this post as useful

Not Yodobashi - I'll say it again! 2007/12/13 16:49
Hi Red Frog

No.

It was a tiny restaurant on a windy little back street.

My memory isn't so bad that I wouldn't remember having to walk through a Yodobashi and into an elevator or escalator :P

It was definitely on the street. Tiny little place. Clientele were all happy, drinking and as described above.

restaurant 2007/12/13 17:38
have a look at the site below and click on their map, you may recognize the streets layout, subway stations etc.?
www.kananet.com/
azabujyuban-restaurant-eng.htm

your best bet is to go to Azabu Juban and ask in a couple of hotels or stores.

This will not be helpful re you query but will help you for future trips: when travelling in Japan and Europe, whenever I find a place I like I write down the detailed directions on how to go from that place back to a nearby well-known landmark a subway station,a big store or a drugstore.. whatever..)
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

picture 2007/12/14 08:50
Can you upload and show the picture of "Yodabashi"?

... 2007/12/14 08:55
I've spent ages on Google and I did take note of how to get to the place from the apartment we stayed at - I just can't recall the actual street or address.

And as it was 18 months ago, I feel a little silly not writing that particular information down - I only wrote the name of the pace as we intended to go back the same trip.

I didn't take photos as I didn't have a camera at the time - we bought one on the trip (at Bic Camera).

I guess no one has heard of it or the name is simply wrong.

But with over 60 restaurants just in that area, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just too small a bar/restaurant for it to be listed anywhere.

. 2007/12/14 22:09
Yodabashi doesn't sound like Japanese especially yakitori restaurant. I can't image Kanji suitable for that. I've searched "—]“c‹´", "—^“c‹´" and "ˆË“c‹´" but doesn't get good results.

So I have to insist you wrote wrong name.

reply to this thread