Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

PrideFC no more? 2007/12/14 01:24
I have in some time really injoyed the japanese Pride Fighting Championship, but now i hear something about it in some way has closed down? it's pretty hard to find any information in my country so i am trying this as i know it's a japanese event.
so i seach anyone who can confirm what i have heard maybe with details, i would be very happy for an answer!
by Thomas  

Pride is gone 2007/12/14 13:30
As of earlier this year Zuffa(UFC) bought PrideFC out. They claimed to have intentions of keeping the promotion the same, but it never materialized. Although some of the fighters have Zuffa contracts, many were left out in the cold.

A new promotion on New Years Eve called Yarennoka! is the closest thing to Pride you can get. I'm not sure if it is a onetime deal or a full org. The card is pretty sick. It even features Fedor and many popular fighters.

My goal when I went to Japan was to see a Pride show. I was one year to late. My trip to Japan was still great.

Visit Sherdog.com for your MMA news. It should keep you up to date.

Later
by nate rate this post as useful

ok i see 2007/12/14 22:25
Thank you very much for the very detailed answer. It's now make more sence to me.
Actually it was also one of my wishes, to see a Pride show i real life. It's a fact that they made the best shows in the world, so i think it is a kind of shame that the UFC bought them out.
once again thanks for the information!
by Thomas rate this post as useful

March 2008/1/15 13:53
There may also be a show in march from what I've heard - using the same staff who put on Yarrenoke.

I've been to 2 Prides and was extremely disappointed to hear of it's demise.
by Albert rate this post as useful

Dreams 2008/2/14 12:00
FEG(K1), TBS, and former DSE(Pride) employees are teaming up and forming a new MMA promotion called Dreams. They had a major press conference and announced shows and dates.

Hopefully this will fill the Pride void.

I'm going to try and catch the late Sept. show. I hope it lives up to the hype.
by Nate rate this post as useful

Just Dream 2008/2/14 12:08
The name of the promotion is Dream(not Dreams)

by Nate rate this post as useful

ticket price 2008/5/6 15:21
Does anybody now the ticket prices for dream? bec. dream 4 would be in yokohama in june 15. i really want to watch
by Chris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread