Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

does anyone know ... 2007/12/26 14:33
...how i can get some free japanese newspapersent to the U.S.? Are japanese newspapers free?
by Domino  

Japanese newspapers 2007/12/26 20:06
Domino,

You could try looking at the websites of the main newspaper publishers to see if they accept subscriptions from outside Japan.
You can find a list of the major newspapers on the following Wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_media
Another option would be to contact an international bookstore such as Kinokuniya in America, to see if they can supply newspapers.

As in most countries I've been to, Japanese newspapers in Japan certainly aren't free. Are American newspapers free?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

newspapers 2007/12/27 08:42
I get all sorts of "free" newspapers via the Internet.

The only "free" paper-and-ink true newspapers in North America that I know of (I am more familiar with Washington state-USA- and B.C and Ontario-Canada- than with other places) are:
1-Metro and similar ones (Metro originates from Europe and their "articles" are the size of the average post on this site) not much meat there.
2-weekly community newspapers that serve all-or only only parts of-a big city and its suburbs. They have lots of ads and flyers (that pay for the paper) but many of their articles are interesting and they are way more open to readers suggestions, opinions etc. especially about local problems, than the Big
newspapers.
I include under community papers those that specialize in entertainment as some of them (in Seattle and Vancouver for example) also have very well researched articles on very serious topics that are better than those in our major local newspapers.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

hey... 2007/12/27 16:01
thanks guys some newspapers in us are free but not the major ones unfortunately someone has to pay for all the trees theyre cutting down..thanks though!
by Domino rate this post as useful

reply to this thread