Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Activities for a 3 years old kid? 2007/12/27 08:40
I m visiting Japan with my husband and my 3 years old son. My son and I will be mostly visiting Japan alone because my husband has to work...We planned to go to Tokyo first, from 14 to 20 january, then Osaka, from 20 to 26th of january. Can you please recommend the best activities and itinerary for us?
by Dalloula  

Where you're staying and what you like 2007/12/28 11:22
I know little about Osaka, but what part of Tokyo will you be staying and what does your son like?

A typical spot is Odaiba. Access-friendly by the Urikamome auto-driven train with a view, and you can come back on a ferry. I used to take my son there when he was little and we enjoying walking on the wooden pavements of the shopping archade, playing at the beach or riding the gigantic ferris wheel at the fair.

There are also zoos big (in Ueno) and small (at Inokashira-koen) and museums themed on fire engines (at Yotsuya) or trains (at Omiya or Akihabara etc.). Speaking of museums, the huge Tokyo Edo Museum discribing the history of Tokyo is really fun for both adults and children. Of course, you can always spend a day at Disneyland or Disney Sea.

But I thought you might prefer smaller places closer to your accomodation since 3 year olds tend to get tired of walking around and get bored quickly.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Osaka 2007/12/28 15:03
Osaka has more Ferris wheels, including one in Kita that starts inside a building (HEP 5)and one in Minami, by the Dotombori canal, that is a squashed oval instead of a circle. there is another one by the seashore and of course there is a giant Aquarium that is amazing.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Visit? 2007/12/28 16:17
Hi
I think the science museum
near Tokyo train station is
worth a look with lots of hands on things to try and test. As is same sort of place near Osaka castle.
I know I enjoyed them and
like most males am still a
child at heart.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

.... 2007/12/28 16:40
The main point is Japanese metropolises are rather "business center" than "residencial place" and most J families live in suburban towns which are about 30 or more minutes from city centre. Parsonally, I dont want to take small children to the center of Japanese metropolis.

He might be too young to enjoy them, but if you feel like trying amusement parks,
these parks are avaiable

-Tokyo Desney Resort
-Tokyo Dome city
-Odaiba
-Kasai seafront park

-Unversal Studio Japan
-Kaiyukan aquarium
-Umeda Joypolis and HEP FIVE ferrywheel
-Osaka Expo Memorial Park
by Jtaveler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread